for affixture long-focus lens to the camera Nikon
Note: This adapter is only for long-focus lens (such as Rubinars, Telezenitars and similar).
For using Nikon cameras with M42 lenses (Praktica, Zenit). It is impossible to compensate flange bases difference without using an additional back lens. As a result, the picture quality becomes worse. So metric scale M42 doesn’t keep its meanings and focusing can’t be to infinity.
You should remember that extension ring doesn’t work, diaphragm control is set manually. This adapter can work with lenses having both only automatic diaphragm (A) and selector A/M (automatic/manual diaphragm). It is possible to use Macro rings and other accessories. Approximate focal lengths: 50mm-1,5m; 85mm-3,5m; 135mm-6m.
- Put red marks of the adapter and lens collar together.
- Turn the adapter clockwise till the fixative click.
- Set M42 lens.
To remove the adapter you should unpress fixative pin and turn the adapter anticlockwise.
Working with M42 lenses acknowledgement of the focusing is not made. The aperture is not set. Expo-modes:
- P (program) – identical to Av mode;
- Tv (flash priority) – doesn’t work;
- Av (diaphragm priority) – works as usual;
- M (manual) – aperture and flash are changed. Inaccuracy of exposure defining is indicated by expo-correction.
Adapter ring for Nikon with lens | Nikon Lenses